Facts of Luis Fonsi
The artist behind one of the most successful songs on YouTube, Luis Fonsi is one of the best-known names in the music industry whose net worth is estimated at $16 million. Fonsi whose song Despacito has gathered over 6 billion views as of March 2019 is the most easily recognizable song.
Although most of his fame came in 2017 after the release of Despacito, he started his career back in 1998. With more than 20 years of experience in the music industry Puerto Rican singer Fonsi he was able to amass his multimillion-dollar net worth from his album sales, concerts, tours, and films.
Luis Fonsi Net Worth Details, Income Sources
Fonsi is worth $16 million as of March 2019, the bulk of which is from his earnings as a singer-songwriter. To add to his musical talents he is also an actor and a social media personality.
According to data from Recruiter, the average professional singer earns a salary ranging from $45,000 to $65,000 per year. Similarly, on average, songwriters earn around $43,000 a year. In addition to this Chron reports that actors earn an average salary of around $ 39.84 per hour.
To add to his already impressive yearly income he also earns from YouTube where his songs have gained the most popularity.
Further, according to SocialBlade, his channel on YouTube earns around $56K to $895.5K per month. Similarly, the yearly earnings of his channel range from $671.6K - $10.7 million. His biggest hit till date, Despacito made somewhere around $3.0 million to $24.2 million.
Likewise, his other big hit the remix of Despacito earned $32.7 - $2.6 million. His song Llegaste Tú also earned somewhere from $103.3K - $826.4K.
Adding to his roster of hit songs are globally beloved songs like "Nada Es Para Siempre", "No Me Doy Por Vencido", "Aqui Estoy Yo", “Echáme La Culpa” among a plethora of others.
After his initial release of Comenzaré in 1998 which was certified as a platinum album by the RIAA., he kept on working in the industry rapidly increasing his net worth in the process.
Net Worth 1998
- Notable Events: Fonsi released his first album Comenzaré which got Platinum certification from the RIAA.
Net Worth 1999
- Notable Events: His song "Si Tú Quisieras" reached the 9th position in the US Latin charts.
Net Worth 2000
- Notable Events: His song as a lead artist, "Imaginame Sin Ti" reached the number 1 spot in the US Latin charts.
Net Worth 2001
- Notable Events: He released a remix album titled Remixes which contained remixes
Net Worth 2002
- Notable Events: In 2002, he released 2 studio albums and went on the Amor Secreto Tour
Net Worth 2003: Assumed $1 million
- Notable Events: Started a romantic relationship with Adamari López.
Net Worth 2006
- Notable Events: Got Nominated for the Latin Pop Airplay Song of the Year – Male and Latin Pop Album of the Year – Male
Net Worth 2009
- Notable Events: Won his first award, the Your World Award.
Net Worth 2010
- Notable Events: Was nominated for 4 awards and won 3 awards including Latin Pop Airplay Artist of the Year, Male
Net Worth 2017
- Notable Events: Released what would be his biggest hit, Despacito in collaboration with Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber.
- Earnings: Earned around $11 million for Despacito alone.
Net Worth 2018: $16 million
- Notable Events: His single from the previous year, Despacito won 6 awards including Hot Latin Song of the Year.
Net Worth 2019: $16 million
- Notable Events: The song Échame La Culpa" was nominated for Best Video and Fonis was nominated for Best Male Artist by the Heat Latin Music Awards’ jury.
With the ever-increasing influence of Fonsi, it is certain that he will increase his brand value in the years to come. He is already a household name for mainstream as well as Latin music fans and his stardom is sure to increase in the coming years.
Such a star is surely endorsed by many companies, in fact, he has been involved in the advertisements of more than 21 ads. Companies such as McDonald's have chosen the artist as their star for their advertisements.
Luis Fonsi’s Lifestyle, Assets, Expenses, Properties: Houses, Cars
Multi-millionaire Fonsi is a star in every sense of the word-he lives the rich life and his lifestyle is that of a big spender’s.
His car collection consists of the famous Lamborghini Aventador which costs around $700,000. Similarly. A $250,000 Ferrari 488 Gtb, a $70,000 Range Rover Sport, a $300,000 Bentley GT, and an $80,000 Cadillac Escalade also grace his garage.
Not stopping at extravagant cars he also owns a private jet which costs around $10 million. The Puerto Rico native owns a house in Beverly Hills where the median price of a home is around $3,554,300.
There are no details of his other expenses including insurance, tax, and charity.
Luis Fonsi’s Personal Life, Relationships- Girlfriend, Wife, Affairs, Dating Life
Luis Fonsi was born Luis Alfonso Rodríguez López-Cepero on April 15, 1978, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States. He was born to father Alfonso Rodriguez and mother Delia Rodriguez. He is the oldest among 3 children, his two younger siblings are his sisters Juan Rodríguez and Tatiana Rodríguez. Among them, Juan is also a singer.
Fonsi is currently married to Águeda López who is a Spanish model. The couple got married on September 10, 2014. Before this, they had been living together for 3 years. They were blessed with a daughter in December 2011 whom they named Mikaela. Similarly, in December 2016 their son, Rocco was born.
Apart from this, he was married to Adamari López, they got married on June 3, 2006. They first started dating in 2003. In 2005 Fonsi abruptly canceled a tour when he Adamari was diagnosed with cancer.
He also traveled with her to different places like Mexico, Miami, and Puerto Rico for her treatment and work. She slowly started recovering from 2006. This marriage did not last long and the couple divorced on November 8, 2010, they officially divorced.